Fantasy golf is quickly becoming one of the most enjoyable ways to play daily fantasy sports. The concept is super simple. Draft your team of golfers under a salary cap and earn points as they play every hole, for streaks and for tourney finish position.
Fantasy Golf Scoring Compared
|Learn more in my Top Fantasy Sites List.|
|Roster Size||6||Draft 4 for rounds 1-2|
Draft 4 for rounds 3-4
|Worse than Double||-1||-3||0|
|Streak of 3 Birdies||3||0||0|
|5+ birdies in a round||4|
|Bounce Back (hole under par after hole over par)||.3|
|Consecutive holes in a row under par||.6|
|Bogey Free Round||3||5||6|
|All rounds under 70||3||0||25|
|Hole in One||10||0||20|
|Low Round of Day||0||0||0|
Strategic Adjustments / Considerations for Winning PGA at Different Sites
I have played the most fantasy golf on DraftKings. I have written a handful of fantasy PGA strategy articles that you can find as well as an on-going weekly fantasy golf preview as I play virtually every week. I have recently began to play a little bit on Fanduel as their golf product is brand new. It is also very different than Draftkings (see details here)
- On FanDuel you draft two sets of four golfers. One set for rounds 1/2 and one set for rounds 3/4. You can play riskier players in rounds 1 and 2 because everyone plays the first two days and only the people who make the cut get to play days 3/4.
- You want all your golfers to make the cut. They score points on a hole by hole basis so the more holes they play the higher they score. This is key. Even on fanduel your players from day 1 and 2 will earn points for overall tourney finish (if they get in the top 25)
- You need par-breakers at all sites. You get points for birdies and bonus points for multiple birdies.
- You would love to pick the winner, especially at DraftKings and FanDuel. Here you get points for your finish position.
- The biggest tournaments have beenat DraftKings however FanDuel is now in the mix with growing bigger contests. I play virtually every week in the weekly $3 PGA Chipshot (Spry13) and you can see my weekly golf picks.
If you are interested in playing, visit one of the three sites listed above and get in the game. Line up’s will lock early on Thursday mornings for that weeks games.
Fantasy Golf Notes and Things To Know
- All sites offer salary cap leagues.
- Watching the leaderboards update on DraftKings is enjoyable as it feels live and exciting.
- Leagues last four days in total. Start on Thursday and finish on Sunday.
- General rule of thumb is draft 6 golfers that make the cut to make the money.
- $3 contest on DraftKings has between $4000-$10000 GTD every week.
You can keep up with the latest fantasy golf happenings at www.weeklyfantasygolf.com and learn more about how to play.